NEWS & STATS
Tracker: Tucson (/-/-/-/) at Iowa (/-/-/-/)
By: Alexander Kinkopf
September 28, 2018 1:18 PM
ROADRUNNERS 4, WILD 2
Final | 0:00 Remaining
Tucson (/-/-/-/) at Iowa (/-/-/-/)
Friday, September 28, 2018, 4:00 p.m. PST
TRIA Rink | Saint Paul, Minnesota
SOG - TUC 21; IA 31
PP – TUC 1/7; IA 1/6
1) TUC - Domenic Alberga (Darik Angeli, Kyle Capobianco) 14:06
2) TUC PPG - Michael Bunting (Kyle Capobianco, Robbie Russo) 8:50
3) IA - Dmitry Sokolov (--, --) 10:56
4) TUC - Trevor Cheek (Brayden Burke) 11:28
5) IA PPG - Eric Martinsson (Justin Kloos, Sammy Anas) 15:35
6) TUC SHG - Michael Bunting (Unassisted) 16:24
MICHAEL BUNTING (27) – LANE PEDERSON (18) – JENS LOOKE (81)
ADAM HELEWKA (28) – TREVOR CHEEK (39) – BRAYDEN BURKE (41)
TYLER STEENBERGEN (17) – MATTEO GENNARO (21) - KELLY KLIMA (6)
DOMENIC ALBERGA (9) – DARIK ANGELI (12) – DANIEL MAGGIO (47)
KYLE CAPOBIANCO (23) – ROBBIE RUSSO (5)
CAM DINEEN (4) – JALEN SMERECK (55)
KEVIN EKMAN-LARSSON (7) – JACOB GRAVES (44)
HUNTER MISKA (35)
MERRICK MADSEN (31)
- Hunter Miska leads the team onto the ice for warm-ups, he'll get the start. Merrick Madsen serves as tonight's back-up.
- Of the 20 on tonight's roster, 10 played in at least one game with Tucson last season.
- Tucson starters: Bunting, Pederson, Looke, Russo, Capobianco, Miska.
- Roadrunners shorthanded less than two minutes in. Kelly Klima, slashing.
- Shortly after a successful penalty kill, Tucson gets first PP opportunity just over four minutes into regulation.
- Miska has turned away all seven shots faced through the opening eight minutes.
- Adam Helewka draws a penalty, Roadrunners go to their second power play with 11:35 left to play in the first period.
- Iowa outshoots Tucson 13-9 in the first period. No scoring.
- Brayden Burke assessed a minor penalty for slashing just over five minutes into the period. Tucson goes to its second penalty kill of the game.
- Tucson gets its third power play opportunity of the night with 9:56 left to play in the period.
- Hunter Miska has stopped all 17 shots faced through the midway point of the game.
- [GOAL - TUCSON] Domenic Alberga swats home a loose puck to register the first goal of the evening, giving Tucson a 1-0 lead. Darik Angeli and Kyle Capobianco credited with the assists.
- Tucson gets its fourth power play of the night 48 seconds after Alberga's opening marker.
- Lane Pederson is assessed a minor penalty for closing his hand on the puck, negating Tucson's power play one minute into the man advantage.
- Tucson outshoots Iowa 7-6 during the middle frame.
- Hunter Miska has stopped all 19 shots faced through 40 minutes.
- Tucson goes to its fifth power play of the evening 22 seconds into the frame.
- Domenic Alberga assessed a minor penalty for hooking 3:20 into the period; Tucson shorthanded for the fourth time in the game.
- Tucson goes to its sixth power play of the evening with 12:50 left in regulation.
- Tucson gets :59 seconds of 5-on-3 time. Tucson calls a TIMEOUT.
- [GOAL - TUCSON] Michael Bunting capitalizes on Tucson's 5-on-3 power play, scores from out front to give the Roadrunners a 2-0 lead with 11:10 left to play.
- [GOAL - IOWA] Dmitry Solokov redirects a puck past Miska to get Iowa on the board.
- [GOAL - TUCSON] Trevor Cheek reclaims a two-goal lead for Tucson with eight minutes to play; Brayden Burke with the assist.
- Tucson assessed two minor penalties in a :12 second span with five minutes left to play.
- [GOAL - IOWA] Iowa executes during a two-man advantage to cut Tucson's lead back to one.
- [GOAL - TUCSON] Michael Bunting nets his second goal of the game, scoring on a shorthanded breakaway bid with 3:36 left to play.
- 4-2, final score.
- Hunter Miska finishes the game with 29 saves.
NO IN-GAME VIDEO