NEWS & STATS
Preseason Game #2: Tucson at San Diego
By: Alexander Kinkopf
September 30, 2017 3:13 PM
TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 2, SAN DIEGO GULLS 0
Final | 0:00 Remaining
PRESEASON GAME #2
Tucson (/-/-/-/) at San Diego (/-/-/-/)
Saturday, September 30, 2017, 7:00 p.m. PST
Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, California
SOG - TUC 28; SD 26
PP – TUC 0/8; SD 0/8
1) TUC - Kyle Wood (Jens Looke) 7:12
2) TUC - Zac Larraza (Jens Looke, Emerson Etem) 19:11
Emerson Etem (26) - Lane Pederson (18) - Nick Merkley (38)
Gabriel Desjardins (15) - Ryan MacInnis (72) - Mike Sislo (9)
Zac Larraza (16) - Michael Latta (46) - Conor Garland (8)
Ryan Graham (25) - Dennis Kravchenko (21) - Jens Looke (24)
Andrew Campbell (2) - Dysin Mayo (37)
Kyle Capobianco (23) - Kyle Wood (3)
Kevin Ekman-Larsson (7) - Cody Sol (11)
Hunter Miska (35)
Michael Houser (32)
- Those who weren't in Friday night's lineup, and are making their preseason debuts are: Emerson Etem, Lane Pederson, Mike Sislo, Zac Larraza, Michael Latta, Andrew Campbell, Dysin Mayo, Kevin Ekman-Larsson, and Hunter Miska.
- Serving as tonight's Alternate Captains (A) are Andrew Campbell, Michael Latta, and Mike Sislo.
- Roadrunners can't convert on 1:18 minutes of 5-on-3 time early in the first period.
- Kyle Wood buries a shot from the point just after a Roadrunners power play expires with just under 13 minutes left to play in the first period.
- With his assist on Wood's goal, Jens Looke now has three preseason points (1G, 2A).
- Lane Pederson leaves the game after taking a questionable hit from Mike Liambis, who was given a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct.
- Roadrunners, led by Hunter Miska, kill off a number of penalties in the second period, including a lenghty 5-on-3 advantage.
- Zac Larraza hops on a turnover in the neutral zone, walks in alone and fires a shot through the five-hole to give the Roadrunners a 2-0 lead with 49 seconds left in regulation.
- Hunter Miska records a shutout, stopping all 26 shots faced.
- Hunter Miska shuts the door during a Gulls 5-on-5 power play in the second period.
- Hunter Miska positions himself well to make another big save in the third period.
- Zac Larraza buries the Roadrunners' second goal of the evening with 49 seconds left.