NEWS & STATS
Game #4 - Tucson at Chicago
By: Alex Kinkopf
October 22, 2017 11:18 AM
TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 1, CHICAGO WOLVES 2
Final - OT | 0:26 Remaining
Tucson (2-1-0-0) at Chicago (1-2-1-0)
Sunday, October 22, 2017, 2:00 p.m. PST
Allstate Arena, Rosemont, Illinois
SOG - TUC 24; CHI 30
PP – TUC 0/4; CHI 0/5
1) CHI - Teemu Pulkkinen (3) 4:53
2) TUC SHG - Nick Merkley (2) (Mike Sislo) 18:12
3) CHI - Teemu Pulkkinen (4) (Max Lagace) 4:34
MIKE SISLO (9) - DYLAN STROME (91) - NICK MERKLEY (38)
EMERSON ETEM (26) - RYAN MACINNIS (72) - JENS LOOKE (24)
MICHAEL BUNTING (27) - TYLER GAUDET (10) - CONOR GARLAND (8)
ZAC LARRAZA (16) - MICHAEL LATTA (46) - ARTUR TYANULIN (13)
DAKOTA MERMIS (43) - ANDREW CAMPBELL (2)
JOEL HANLEY (44) - DYSIN MAYO (37)
KYLE CAPOBIANCO (23) - KYLE WOOD (3)
MAREK LANGHAMER (30)
HUNTER MISKA (35)
- Forward Artur Tyanulin, a product of the OHL's Ottawa 67's who hails from Kazan, Russia, is slated to make his professional debut today, skating on the right side of the team's fourth unit with Zac Larraza and Michael Latta.
- Marek Langhamer is expected to make his season debut and lead the team out of the tunnel prior to warm-ups.
- Chicago finished the period with a 7-6 shot advantage on the Roadrunners.
- Both clubs go 0-for-2 on the power play.
- Chicago opens the scoring 4:53 into the middle frame, beating Marek Langhamer on a 3-on-0 sequence after Jens Looke turns over the puck due to questionable contact in the neutral zone.
- Nick Merkley causes a Chicago turnover in the neutral zone shorthanded late in the third period, walks in on Chicago's Max Lagace alone and beats the Wolves' goaltender with a shot through the five-hole to tie the game 1-1 with 1:48 left in regulation.
- Teemu Pulkkinen enters the Roadrunners' zone, tees up a slapshot from just inside the blue-line that ricochets off of Dakota Mermis to find its way past Marek Langhamer with 26 seconds left in the extra frame.
- Marek Langhamer makes a lunging save to keep the game scoreless late in the first period.
- Marek Langhamer shuts down a Wolves breakaway opportunity late in the third to keep the Roadrunners to within a goal.
- Nick Merkley hops on a turnover in the neutral zone and walks in alone to score and tie the game 1-1 with 1:48 left to play.