NEWS & STATS
Game #19 - Tucson at San Jose
By: Alexander Kinkopf
December 08, 2017 5:18 PM
TUCSON ROADRUNNERS 3, SAN JOSE BARRACUDA 1
Final | 0:00 Remaining
Tucson (11-4-2-1) at San Jose (9-9-0-1)
Friday, December 8, 2017, 8:00 p.m. MST
SAP Center | San Jose, California
SOG - TUC 28; SJ 34
PP – TUC 0/2; SJ 1/5
1) TUC - Michael Bunting (Tyler Gaudet, Michael Latta) 18:08
2) SJ PPG - Rudolfs Balcers (Unassisted) 3:08
3) TUC - Mike Sislo (Ryan MacInnis, Tye McGinn) 18:26
4) TUC - Michael Bunting (Michael Latta) 18:57
LAWSON CROUSE (67) - MARIO KEMPE (20) - NICK MERKLEY (38)
MIKE SISLO (9) - LANE PEDERSON (18) - JENS LOOKE (24)
MICHAEL BUNTING (27) - TYLER GAUDET (10) - MICHAEL LATTA (46)
TYE MCGINN (16) - RYAN MACINNIS (72) - CONOR GARLAND (8)
ANDREW CAMPBELL (2) - DYSIN MAYO (37)
JOEL HANLEY (44) - ADAM CLENDENING (4)
DAKOTA MERMIS (43) - KYLE WOOD (3)
HUNTER MISKA (35)
ADIN HILL (33)
- Hunter Miska leads the team out and onto SAP Center's ice for warm-ups. Coming into the night with a 6-1-0 record, he's making his ninth start of the season.
- Adam Clendening is playing in his 300th professional game.
- There have been no apparent changes made to the lines the team used in Tuesday night's 5-2 victory over Ontario.
- Hunter Miska turns away all 13 of San Jose's first period shots, including a pair of Grade-A chances.
- Michael Bunting, with just under two minutes left in the frame, hounds a broken play in front of San Jose's net and buries his fifth goal of the season to give the Roadrunners a 1-0 lead. He's got points in three straight games, and five (2G, 3A) in the team's last five.
- The Roadrunners take five penalties during the second period, and are able to kill off four of them, including a full two-minute five-on-three situation.
- San Jose outshoots Tucson by a 16-7 margin.
- Hunter Miska has been magnificent - his 15 saves in the second period is the most by any goaltender against the Barracuda in a single period this season.
- Lawson Crouse can't execute on a shorthanded breakaway late in the frame.
- With under two minutes left to play in regulation, Mike Sislo jams a loose rebound home for his seventh goal of the season, giving the Roadrunners a 2-1 lead with 1:34 left to play.
- Seconds later, Michael Bunting, left alone, utilizes time and space to give the Roadrunners a 3-1 lead with 1:03 left to play.
- Michael Bunting buries his fifth goal of the season to give the Roadrunners a 1-0 lead late in the first period.
- Mike Sislo jams home a loose puck in the crease to give the Roadrunners a 2-1 lead with 1:34 left to play.
- Michael Bunting, with plenty of time and space, buries his second goal of the evening to give the Roadrunners a 3-1 lead with 1:03 left to play in regulation.